Travel is fun. Navigating to a new place, discovering unknown and exotic territories, meeting people with different cultures can be an experience to savour. Being a journalist I am always on the move. But, traveling with family demands more attention.
While discovering new regions and meeting various people can be the pros of traveling, if not planned properly it can be an absolute disaster. Therefore, I list down some of the essential things you need to carry with yourself on a family trip-
1. Mobile Phones, charger and/or a Power Bank- Mobile Phones are an essential commodity in today's times. It will help you stay connected to your loved ones in times of emergency.
2. Important documents- Scan important documents like driving license, passport etc and mail it to yourself. Store all the important documents in your backpacks or a small pouch tied to your waist.
3. Medications- Pack your daily dose of medications(if you take any) or for any other family member. Keep a copy of the doctor's prescription with you.
4. Good knight Fabric Roll-On- Who knows how the climactic atmosphere is going to be when on a trip. So it is better to carry Good Knight Fabric Roll-On that keeps you mosquito free by just applying 4 dots on your clothes. It is also 100% natural and thus absolutely safe to use while outdoors.
5. Backpacks for everyone- Use the convenient, hands-free day backpacks for hiking, sightseeing, or carting towels and sunscreen to the beach. It can also double up to store your personal important documents.
6. A reusable water bottle- By using a reusable water bottle you are not only helping the environment but also have an instant souvenir when kids slap stickers on it! It also keeps the water taste like "Water" instead of hot plastic.
7. Duct Tape- A small roll of the duct tape comes in handy for everything, from last-minute luggage repairs to babyproofing a hotel room.
8. Good knight Cool Gel- Another important essential to carry on a family trip is the mosquito repellent gel from Good knight. The Good knight Cool Gel is skin-safe, cooling gel that gives you an 8 hour protection from the dangerous mosquitoes that can cause dengue and chikungunya.
9. Credit/Debit cards and some cash- Carrying money on a vacation is a balancing act between safety and utility. Whenever possible, divide up your cash and credit/debit cards at multiple safe spots.
10. First aid supplies- In travel destinations, basic first aid supplies
tend to be overpriced, and it's not always convenient to hobble to a store post-injury in search of emergency supplies. Instead, make yourself a little first aid kit and keep it with your toiletries.
So now that you have the list of all the essential things to carry
when traveling, here's to hoping you're able to do some travel for yourself.