Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Cloud Of White Beauty...Touchdown Phuket!

It was a very early morning, sunlight filtered through the emergency door window and I peeped out to look at the fascinating sight of cotton white clouds hanging in the air languidly. This image always leaves a lasting impact on my mind and I guess it is one of the reasons why I look forward to air travel. Even though I couldn't catch much sleep on the Mumbai-Bangkok overnight flight but the morning surely energised me. I was travelling by Bangkok Airways for the first time. Their on ground service in Mumbai wasn't impressive but their in flight service was really nice.

The flight was delayed by an hour and we had very less time for our connecting flight to Phuket. On top of it we also had to get our Visa-on-arrival at Bangkok Airport. It was rather swift but they took 1200 Thai baht for priority service but they gave a receipt of only 1000 baht. For a reputed international airport, it left a sour taste. Flight to Phuket is a breezy one hour. The distance of the main city from the airport is a good forty five minutes and the greenery on the way is definitely pleasant. It was hot and humid when we arrived in Phuket but half an hour later it was pouring heavily.

Indian food is a blessing whenever you're travelling to countries like Thailand, Singapore or Japan. Somehow the local food there isn't up to my liking at all. I'm glad we could have delicious Indian delicacies both for lunch as well as dinner. The remaining day was spent relaxing and getting acclimatised with the city. We shall start covering the on location of the Sunny Leone starrer film 'One Night Stand' from tomorrow. I really hope that we could find some time to check out the beautiful beaches nearby. Hearing great things about Phi Phi Island. Fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll be regular with my Phuket diaries too :-) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment