Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Saturday, November 24, 2012

Aamir Answers To A Fan On Why Talaash Is Different From Other Suspense Films

A fan Debanjan Ghosh had asked Aamir in my interview, why is Aamir calling Talaash an unusual film, is this film different from other suspense films?

Aamir Khan's Reply: I hope so. I am hoping that it is different from other films that he has seen. When I say different then I mean there is a certain regular format that you have for mainstream cinema. Most of my films don't fall into that. Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Taare Zameen Par, Rang De Basanti didn't fall into that. I think the films that are clearly mainstream are Fanah, Ghajini, 3 Idiots. Films like Rang De Basanti, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Sarfarosh are not clearly mainstream. They are mainstream but as the creative team we are always worried ke yaar hum logo kuch hat ke try kar rahe hain, pata nahin kya hoga. That concern is always there in us. Similarly for Talaash that concern is there in me. 

1 comment: