Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Manoj Bajpayi On Chakravyuh, Special Chabbees, Shootout At Wadala And RGV

It is a pleasure talking to Manoj Bajpayi. Uncomplicated, simple and clear. He says, the birth of his daughter has made him far more responsible. He understands the superficial manner in which Bollywood functions. And maybe he has reluctantly agreed to conform to some extent since he has family responsibilities to fulfill.

Manoj is very excited about Chakravyuh. He plays a Naxal leader, whom he has based on two three real people (one being Kishan ji). He learnt Chattisgarhi dialect and lost weight. The misery of the downtrodden, according to him, is omnipresent all across the country and many people will relate with the film.

Talking about his relationship with Ram Gopal Varma, Bajpayi says that he owes a lot to RGV. "Whatever I am today, he has a big role to play in that," he said. The reason why we had differences was that both of us were like children and i guess he still is a child. "I am willing to work with him whenever he calls me."

Vivek Oberoi in an interview with me had stated that the reason why he refused to play Dawood in Shootout At Wadala was because his role wasn't that substantial or big enough. Bajpayi plays Sabir Ibrahim in the film. He said that Sonu Sood is playing Dawood in the film and he has done a terrific job.

Bajpayi also spoke about his other film 'Special Chabbees'. Directed by Neeraj Pandey, the film stars Akshay Kumar. Manoj rates Pandey very highly after watching his debut film 'A Wednesday'. The shooting for this film is complete.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

2 comments:

  1. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog
    stand out. Please let me know where you got your theme.

    Thanks

    Here is my site :: get Redirected here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do
    with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other
    than that, this is great blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.


    Feel free to visit my webpage - discount coupons for amazon

    ReplyDelete