Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nawazuddin Siddiqui: 'Talaash' For Recognition Continues....

Nawazuddin Siddiqui walked in the room. Simple, polite and self assuming. This was very unlike the ruthless (and the promos of GOW 2 are screaming the title of 'Iconic') Faisal Khan or eerily focussed Inspector Khan of Kahani. He had seen my interview with Huma Qureshi and seemed excited. I on the other hand had seen the GOW 2 promo on the loop today and was awestruck.

Nawaz has taken training from National School of Drama and has been living in Bombay for the last ten years. His first film was Aamir's Sarfarosh where he had a 50 second role. He also had a very small role in Munnabhai MBBS. He also acted in Ad films where he stood in the crowd and the shoot coordinators took their cut from his small pay packet. He got down from an auto rickshaw yesterday (he doesn't own a car or a house yet) and pointed towards the poster of GOW 2. The autorickshawalla didn't recognise him.

Nawazuddin is shown to be a Mr Bachchan fan in GOW. He has worked with him in Shoebite but unfortunately the film hasn't released yet. He has an important role in Talaash and he is looking forward to it.

I interview many celebrities but for the very first time I was moved beyond description. I won't disclose anything further but I think the interview will have some really wonderful moments about the journey of an Actor and his quest to search for his 'wajood'.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

1 comment:

  1. What's up to all, it's really a nice for me to pay
    a quick visit this website, it contains
    valuable Information.

    Here is my blog post: check this out

    ReplyDelete