Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day In Auspicious Ajmer Shareef

It is Mother's Day today. Ammi wanted to do ziyarat at Ajmer Shareef Dargah since a long time. Aarefa, me, Insha along with Ammi mesmerised ourselves with the magnificence of Khwaja Ghareeb Nawaz at Ajmer today morning. I guess it was a nice gift from us to her. The last few months have been tough for Ammi and all of us, as we are gradually trying to recover from the sad demise of Abba in February this year. Ammi is one of the finest Urdu writers (Both prose as well as poetry). I have been coaxing her to concentrate on her literary works. I genuinely hope she gets her due soon. She deserves it.

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely..could not agree more..best memories come from expressing ones self thru writing..your father would be proud..always all the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhai sahab,

    Best wishes to your family. Prayers from my end.

    SaadatManto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margaret and Saadat Manto

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I will praise thy works
    With songs of thanksgiving,
    Continually,
    In all the generations of time.
    With the coming of day
    I embrace my Mother,
    With the coming of night,
    I join my Father,
    And with the outgoing
    Of evening and morning
    I will breathe Their Law,
    And I will not interrupt these Communions
    Until the end of time." by Edmond Bordeaux Szekely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praiseworthy act Faridoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faridoon,

    I've long been a fan of yours... your intelligence, research, decency, urdu diction, respect and yet never shying away from hard questions, giving the celebs a chance to explain or the rope to if-not-hang-themselves-at-least-make-an-ass-of-him/herself :)) etc. I always said to myself his parents have done a good job. (I'm an older woman living in the US. Tamilian hindu, in case that matters...)

    Now I look at the photo of your mother (what a beauty), and such strength and style are on her face that I understand why you don't gush over your 'beautiful' guests... you're used to seeing a star (or two) at home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot Anonymous (wish you would have mentioned your name). Your comment means a lot to me.

    Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete