Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Monday, October 17, 2011

King Khan Film Festival: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Part 1

Presenting the first part of 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' under Bollywood Hungama's special offering 'King Khan Film Festival'. I had mentioned about an SRK surprise on Twitter long time back. It is finally becoming a reality. There are four more films to go in this festival over the next few days.

This particular episode is special, for you actually get to see Aditya Chopra in flesh and blood. I really don't understand why he hides himself from the public gaze. Anyways, DDLJ is a film that I have seen the maximum number of times. In a cinema hall. When it released, I was studying in AMU. One of my friends was involved in a one sided love story. And the girl whom he desperately loved (she didn't bother about him, nor did she know) looked like Simran (Kajol). At least that's what he said (when we actually saw his object of desperate affection, we disagreed completely, but that's another story altogether). He saw DDLJ thrice in a span of three days and paid for our tickets as well. I liked the film so I didn't mind watching it again and again (specially when someone else was paying for my ticket). When I came to Bombay, I was living in Byculla which is close to Maratha Mandir Cinema Hall (The cine hall that has been running a noon show of DDLJ for the past 16 years). I've seen DDLJ in Maratha Mandir innumerable number of times. Each time that I've seen it, the hall has been 60-70% full and the public enjoyed it. So did I.

Well, this video has a nice collection of some wonderful memories from the shooting experience of this cult film. Check out the locations in Punjab and Europe. Check out Shahrukh and Kajol enjoying themselves in their glorious youthful glory. Good to see Amrish Puri ji who's no more. Anupam Kher has a proud moment when he says that his wife Kiron Kher had suggested the title to Chopras. Farida Jalal is adorable. Kajol gets into a laughing fit as choreographer Saroj Khan tells her a dance step. Also, there are some deleted scenes from DDLJ in this video.

Did you know Aditya Chopra had Tom Cruise in mind for the role played by SRK? Saif Ali Khan had been approached for playing Raj but he turned it down. Hah, how he must have regretted it all his life. Time for some lights, camera, action! Enjoy!!!

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Special-Features/rI53n217/3/King-Khan-Film-Festival-DDLJ-Part-1.html

5 comments:

  1. Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!Truly an amazing tribute:)..Makes me watch the film again!

    Which are the other films u guys are covering for KKFF?...Hope there is DTPH..Its one among my favorites..If its there..Plsss try finding the Deleted Sequences of the film...Specially a Madhuri-SRK slow dance piece which was shot but was not a part of the final cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DDLJ has a great fault: it wasn't shot in Italy :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. How've u been Celeste...? we'll keep ur request on DTPH in mind Nitesh..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working here & hating the lucky viewers at Mumbai Film Fest :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - not the first Bollywood movie I ever saw, but definitely the first long Hindi movie title I learned to spell without looking it up ;-)

    KKFF is a great idea!

    Kajol is hilarious, "most boring title I ever heard" :D

    Watching this made me want to rewatch DDLJ. Looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete