Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What Is Shahid Kapoor's Take On Kaminey 2?

I interview stars on a daily basis. Due to professional requirements, the frequency has risen by manifolds in the last few months. I try and retain high energy in all the interactions but there are a few celebrities I look forward to interviewing the most. Shahid Kapoor is one of them. We chatted for half an hour yesterday and this is by far the most comprehensive interview that I've done with SK till now. Comprehensive, because, I tried raising subjects that we had not discussed before.

Shahid spoke on Mausam, sang 'Rabba' and also clarified on the reports of the film going over budget and whether he sat on the edit of the film. He says Mausam, in all probability will be his biggest release ever. The producers are looking at 2000-2200 screens worldwide. Yes its going to have a release in all the key overseas sectors like Germany, Australia etc and even at places like Austria.

Kapoor also spoke on his secular credentials, something that comes naturally to him since his dad is a Hindu and mom is a Muslim. He spoke about his idea of being an Indian and what he feels about it in his own way. I've had many interactions with Shahid's fans over the last two years. I remember once I discussed with two of his fans simultaneously on twitter, why they were, at times, dissatisfied with Shahid's choice of scripts. We discussed that in this interview. So, what's the dope on Kunal Kohli's film, whats the status quo on Heer Ranjha and what about Kaminey 2? Well, if you want to know all this, you gotta watch the interview which is coming in two parts. When is it coming? How about some mystery? :) Would you guys like to see a teaser of this interview? Trust me, it'll be fun 60 sec trip :)

Yes, I've taken a few fan questions and wishes but I've tried to take those who haven't yet been part of the earlier interviews. Yes, Komal187, I got your email and yes your questions would have been fun, as they always are, had you sent it in time. Some other time.

Bye for now...till later...

Take care and All The Best!










13 comments:

  1. Wow, I'll be especially looking forward to this interview. Looks like you got him to spill so many details. Also, I'm glad you enquired about the script choices. You truly are the voice of us, fans. :)
    The headline is intruiging me. Kaminey 2 has been a rumour for quite a while and I'm really anticipating to hear his response. Kaminey 2 in making would be fantastic! One can dream. :)
    And, and, and you got him SING! I'm extra chirpy to hear that. Hehe. WOOOOHOOOO.
    Impatience has always been an attribute of mine. Sigh. Can't wait! Teaser, please? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you even have to ask us if we want a teaser? Of course we don't, we want the whole interview right now! LOL
    Yes, pretty please, give us a teaser. :)

    Being from Austria, "even at places like Austria" cracked me up. :D I'm looking forward to my twitter friends from Germany coming here and us watching Mausam together - it's be a big #Shanatic party!

    Thank you for always including fans in your interviews, we appreciate it tremendously.

    XOXO,
    Calena

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello faridoon, what happened yaar? i wanted to thank u on twitter for asking all my 4 questions to ram gopal verma, but u were gone from twitter again? any ways u must have ur reasons. but yaa stay happy n u r doing a great job n most detailed oriented and gossip free bollywood journalist. god bless u.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shahid sang 'Rabba' OMG amazing! 2000 screens worldwide is fantastic ! I can't wait to see your Interview :)

    Please,please give us a Teaser !!!! :D

    Thank you for all what you do Faridoon ♥

    Greetings from Germany,
    Biaji

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, all those interesting tid-bits have got our excitement levels soaring up sky-high.Haha!

    Your interviews with Shahid are always very informative and entertaining, Faridoon. I'm sure this one will be no less :) Really glad you asked him about the choice of scripts. I still vividly remember the discussion Kavitha and Riya had with you on the topic a long time back. I'm especially looking forward to his response on Kaminey 2. That should be quite some revelation :D

    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do for us fans, Faridoon. You're the best!

    Can't wait for the teaser! And of course the interview itself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My..you are a busy guy...I will have to think of something intelligent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright Nikki, Biaji, Calena...teaser comin up tomorrow...thanks Vaashini...ya the script discussion was with kavita and riya...thanks Darshan...hey Margaret, whats up?

    Cheers and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Faridoon!
    How is it going? Haventseen any tweets from u lately so thought maybe u quit again? So thought to drop in here n see ur blogs as i had abit of time today....damn!! I guessed i missed out on asking questions to my fav actor Shahid! :-( Anyways cant wait to see the interview! Do post the teaser first!!! M sure its going to be awesome! Hope u are keeping well! Take Care ...
    Lotsa Love
    Priya

    ReplyDelete
  9. alright priya..Shahid teaser shud b up soon...

    best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sir why did you leave twitter? i always enjoyed instant bollywood updates from u on twiiter. i even checked if there was any abuse, there was almost none, then why did u leave sir?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Your tweets Faridoon Bhaijaan but love ur blogs too.. we have loved every interview that you have done so far and yes you are filled with that immense energy in you and it does show when you interview each star.. Cant wait to watch the interview :))) Hope all is well with you. Lots of luv and wishes.

    ~Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! Shahid sang "Rabba" awww.. his fav song.. n our too.... <3
    Wel lookng forward curisly ;P
    what he said..
    I completly agree Faridoon u r the best n #shanatics voice too... glad to ve u here :)

    ReplyDelete