Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shahrukh Khan's Bollywood Hungama Exclusive Interview

Finally, got a chance to do a video interview with Shahrukh Khan yesterday after a gap of two years. The starcast of 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' Satyajeet, Ali Fazal, Zoa Morani and Giselli Monteiro were part of the interview. To be honest, I wasn't entirely happy as I would have wanted to do a one on one with SRK only. But never mind, as we ended up getting a good interview where everyone had a say, though obviously I ensured that SRK had a lot of bytes.

Well, Shahrukh spoke on Always Kabhi Kabhi, what makes him one of the finest romantic heroes in Hindi cinema, Don 2, Ra.one, Two States, Yash ji's film and what's happening with Angoor remake. Khan informed that 650 prints of Always Kabhi Kabhi will be coming out and it seems it is having an extensive overseas release as well since there will be 150 prints for the overseas market. I told Shahrukh that I've interacted with many of his fans on twitter who are not from India, are not Asians either, don't understand Hindi but yet adore him and call him King Khan, what does he attribute this adulation to? Shahrukh smiled and said that he is embarassed when people refer to him as King Khan.

We shall be bringing this exclusive interview with SRK and the team of Always Kabhi Kabhi in two parts. I'll let you guys know the date for the first part soon. Before that, we shall share a teaser from this interview very soon to whet your appetite for more :) I'm good at hyping up things...isn't it? :) But the fans will hopefully like what they'll get. The best part about Shahrukh is that he doesn't look down upon you and takes each question on its merit and answers diligently.

I tend to get many emails from Shahrukh Khan fans as to why I haven't done any interview with SRK in a long time. Some of you guys have also called me biased towards Aamir, Salman and Hrithik since I've done several interviews with them in the recent past. Most of you understand that getting interviews with big stars is not easy and its not in our hands. Publicists still consider News Channels and News Papers a better bet. Some of the publicists are still not aware of the tremendous reach of Bollywood Hungama across the globe. Things are changing fast and hopefully they'll get even better. I am very hungry for a long interview with Shahrukh, ask him a whole lot of questions on movies, personal space (especially about his parents), marketing, sense of humour, fan following etc. Hopefully, we will get that chance soon. But till that happens, I think you guys will like the Bollywood Hungama exclusive on Always Kabhi Kabhi.

7 comments:

  1. Oh thats really hilarious that publicists dont think outside the box over there. But then the same thing could be said for anywhere. If any of them get fired can I have the job?..lol. And the next time you see SRK tell him I am not asian..dont understand Hindi..wish he would speak more english *can only hope* and if he wants to be King..I'll see what I can do afterall I am Wonder Woman :-)and I can bet your interview will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geeze almost forgot ask SRK too when he's going to make another video. We dont get a chance to see him up close & personal except from newsbytes and things like that.Maybe from inside his van?? with Subash :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Margaret most of the Publcists are aware of the tremendous reach of Bollywood Hungama. Some are not. But i am sure things will change for the better soon. yup, hopefully u'll like this interview,,,hope u r doin well....

    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Faridoon! :) hehe! don't worry everybody will be addict and will believe in BH as all the fans do! :) big hug to the team! I know this website is a lot of works! hats off! and yaaaay I'm excited to see this superb interview with srk!! =D and we'll all pray that BH gets bigger and bigger opportunities! Thanks for all you did, do and will do Faridoon! :)

    lots of love...
    Dana!

    PS : big hiii to my rockstar Insha ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great news!! An interview with SRK again after a looooong time! Even though not a one-on-one with him. ;) Thank you so much for doing this for us! We understand it's difficult to have interviews with SRK especially. ;)) And we're just as much excited and eager for you to interview him as you are!! :D I certainly have Qs for him!! ^^ Well hoping and waiting for good news! ;D And yeah, perhaps you can ask him to make a video with Subhash like Mis4Margaret suggested? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something is always better than nothing! :)
    Thanks for this interview Faridoon, you know me, I was waiting for a interview of his with you for long time! I hope you get to do one on one with him soon (may be when Ra.One is closer to its release) Eagerly waiting for the teaser if not Part 1 ;)

    in btw, the other day I was listening to your song "Aa Ab Bhi Jaa" and saw new song in the list for your Dad, heard that and loved it! Especially, middle part, from "Vo saadi si khushi......tum dhoondo to sahi" Thanks for sharing! It was really nice, any one could relate to it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from u guys...Anshula, Darina and Dana...hope u r doin well and hope u will like the SRK n AKK interview

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete