Saturday, January 20, 2018
Sunday, January 14, 2018
As I am ready to head for the neighborhood swimming pool, I'd like to share a thought that came to my mind a short while back. In the week gone by, I managed to conduct exclusive interviews with Mr Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ali Abbas Zafar and an exhaustive 50 minute exclusive with #TigerZindaHai director Ali Abbas Zafar. I also spoke at length to Mr Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor on their upcoming film #Padman. Mr Kumar showed me exclusive excerpts from Padman that he must have shown to very few people. Actors Varun Sharma, Pooja Chopra and Angad Bedi came to my office for interviews and extended a lot of warmth and respect which was overwhelming. In other words I had a great week as a professional.
It's not easy to get interviews with superstars like Mr Salman Khan, Mr Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif or Sonam Kapoor. The reach of my chat show #TalkingFilms is immense but it's not about the reach or popularity. What is most important is that you as a Journalist should exude Trust, Credibility and Respect so that celebrities, filmmakers or even fans open up before you. What is most important is to be conscious that you shouldn't rub people the wrong way. The biggest of stars or even rank newcomers, if they are worthy of being hosted on your show, then they deserve respect. They deserve an assurance that they won't be misrepresented, that they won't be used as a cheap fodder for gossip or milked for overzealous commercial gains.
I always say, I am willing to come second but I won't resort to silly click baits to win (momentarily) but lose in the long run.
Now off to swimming :)
Have a great Sunday!
Friday, January 12, 2018
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
A parent's guide: Everyday health and hygiene essentials for your kid
- Use a Hand Sanitizer- This can be a good alternative to keep your hands clean while travelling etc. when you don’t have access to soap.You can use a sanitizer to clean your hands in situations like pre and post meals, while inserting or removing your contact lenses, treatingwounds, while handling soiled stuff or garbage and other such situations. Keeping your hands clean and germ-free is the primary and the most important hygiene step towards good health.
- Use WetWipes for your kids- Baby wipes are great for cleaningevery type ofchild related mess. Any time when kids spill or get dirt on their hands/face, grab a wet wipe to save the day!
- Keep basic medicines in case of emergency- While travelling, one must be prepared. Carrying a medical kit comes handy. Consult your doctor and carry appropriate medicines for situations like cold and flu etc.
- Carry your own bottled water- Basically, any or every disease caused is due to the intake of contaminated water. So it is necessary to ensure that you carry bottled water with you every time.
- Use mosquito repellents– Parents are hesitant to send their kids outdoors due to the problem of mosquitoes and other insects. Mosquitoes being the biggest cause of worry, proper precautions must be taken. Apply 4 dots of Goodknight Fabric Roll-On to ensure Goodknight Patches which are specifically designed for new born kids. Both the products are 100% natural and pediatrician certified and hence absolutely safe for kids.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Travel is fun. Navigating to a new place, discovering unknown and exotic territories, meeting people with different cultures can be an experience to savour. Being a journalist I am always on the move. But, traveling with family demands more attention.
While discovering new regions and meeting various people can be the pros of traveling, if not planned properly it can be an absolute disaster. Therefore, I list down some of the essential things you need to carry with yourself on a family trip-
1. Mobile Phones, charger and/or a Power Bank- Mobile Phones are an essential commodity in today's times. It will help you stay connected to your loved ones in times of emergency.
2. Important documents- Scan important documents like driving license, passport etc and mail it to yourself. Store all the important documents in your backpacks or a small pouch tied to your waist.
3. Medications- Pack your daily dose of medications(if you take any) or for any other family member. Keep a copy of the doctor's prescription with you.
4. Good knight Fabric Roll-On- Who knows how the climactic atmosphere is going to be when on a trip. So it is better to carry Good Knight Fabric Roll-On that keeps you mosquito free by just applying 4 dots on your clothes. It is also 100% natural and thus absolutely safe to use while outdoors.
5. Backpacks for everyone- Use the convenient, hands-free day backpacks for hiking, sightseeing, or carting towels and sunscreen to the beach. It can also double up to store your personal important documents.
6. A reusable water bottle- By using a reusable water bottle you are not only helping the environment but also have an instant souvenir when kids slap stickers on it! It also keeps the water taste like "Water" instead of hot plastic.
7. Duct Tape- A small roll of the duct tape comes in handy for everything, from last-minute luggage repairs to babyproofing a hotel room.
8. Good knight Cool Gel- Another important essential to carry on a family trip is the mosquito repellent gel from Good knight. The Good knight Cool Gel is skin-safe, cooling gel that gives you an 8 hour protection from the dangerous mosquitoes that can cause dengue and chikungunya.
9. Credit/Debit cards and some cash- Carrying money on a vacation is a balancing act between safety and utility. Whenever possible, divide up your cash and credit/debit cards at multiple safe spots.
10. First aid supplies- In travel destinations, basic first aid supplies
tend to be overpriced, and it's not always convenient to hobble to a store post-injury in search of emergency supplies. Instead, make yourself a little first aid kit and keep it with your toiletries.
So now that you have the list of all the essential things to carry
when traveling, here's to hoping you're able to do some travel for yourself.